Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Girls on the Run - buddy program

Last night I ran with my buddy for the first time. Her name is Melissa and she is in the fourth grade. She is part of the Girls on the Run Program at the Boys and Girls Club in White Center. We are going to be running the diva dash on December 1st and she is getting really excited. We completed 3 laps for a total of 3.1 miles her first 5k! I was very impressed with the determination to finish and keep running. The first lap was very exciting because everyone was close together, the second lap she started to get sideache (I think she was drinking too much water). The last lap she was keeping up her pace. We finished strong and she gave me a few pointers about how to dress like a diva for the 5k run. I enjoyed myself and I was happy to help such a great program. I felt so good that I raced from White Center to the Puyallup YMCA and got my step class in. My friend Elinor has be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I decided that it would be good to get back in the swing of things and at least go once a week, the other day I will run. All part of my marathon training - yes you heard correctly - I am going to do it! That's all for now, hopefully more to come this week.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Congrats!!! You dome a long way, so keep on going. I'm so proud of you. Mom