Friday, July 6, 2012

slow and steady ramblings...


I’ve been missing lately – this blog helps me, so I’m coming back. Slow and steady is still the name and still the pace… I’m running but I’m having trouble just getting through the days so I need to write it down and start turning this ship around to the pretty blue waters! I read this website Marc and Angel and I’ve borrow some of their comments from today’s post titled ’10 Things to Tell Yourself Today’. After reading these you may come to understand where I’m at right now…



I am fighting hard for the things I want most. – The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more it will be worth to you once you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. Most great things don’t come easy, but they are worth waiting for and fighting for.

I am letting go of yesterday’s stress. – Sometimes the reason it’s so hard for us to be happy is simply because we refuse to let go of the things that make us upset. As the sun sets on this day, let it go. Leave behind the stress, the drama and the worries. Lay this day to rest. Tomorrow is about hope, new possibilities, and the opportunity to make a better day.


There is enough time today to do something I love. – Where did you leave your happiness? With an old lover? In city you once lived in? In a story you never finished writing? In a dream you gave up on? In a hope you got too weary to carry? Wherever you left it, go back and retrieve it. If you don’t remember where you left it, dedicate a little time today to doing something you love to do, and you will find your happiness somewhere nearby.


It’s not too late. – No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change and become a better version of yourself. Peace, strength and direction will come to you when you manage to tune out the noisy judgments of others, in an effort to better hear the soft and steady hum of your own inner strength. And once you hear it, you will realize that it’s not too late to be what you might have been.


From Marc and Angel – their website has brought me a lot of hope and insight… I just wish I could actually hear, use and be what I read sometimes…


http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/07/06/10-things-to-tell-yourself-today/





1 comment:

Michelle said...

"Lay this day to rest." Love that concept. I hope that whatever you've been carrying that's holding you back from getting moving again, I hope that is laid to rest soon so you can be the person you want, and know you can, be.