Wednesday, September 24, 2008

turning the ship around....

I made it through the thick of the cold and now I'm kicking it out the door. I am finally starting to feel like my energy is coming back. So tonight I decided that I needed to get the toilet out of the downstairs bathroom (as I started tearing apart the bathroom weeks ago). I drained the water out and thought a few times about googling 'how to remove a toilet' but went for it all on my own (Brian is out fishing with his Dad for a few days). I got that toilet off the wax ring, shoved an old towel in the hole and sat back in amazement - I did it! I told the dog (hey, I talk to the dog when I'm home alone, so what) how cool I was that I mastered removing the toilet! And as soon as I got the words out, the toilet tipped over and the tank shattered into a zillion pieces - awwww crap! And as some know, this is truly amazing in such a small bathroom - and I'm glad I was not in there because I would probably be in the ER with my luck. What is my luck, I got that darn thing removed without a hitch, I was going to try and start ripping up the vinyl and finish painting and get it put back before Brian got home, but noooo, it had to tip over and shatter..... now I have to buy a flipping toilet - if you not laughing by now I'm not sure how much funnier I can make this, other than I was laughing so loud that the dog moved to the other room. Guess I'm going to Home Depot this weekend, at least I can just buy one in a box and I don't have to tell them why I have to buy a replacement.

OK, so now I've had a cold and broke the toilet - things always happen in to us in threes, so I decided to set the stage and prep myself for the third thing - here are my guesses; I put my pants on for work tomorrow to find that they are too stinking big and I spend 10 min. looking for a pair that fit and that are ironed, or, I get to work to find my travel coffee cup sitting on my desk - therefore I couldn't use it and I spent 10 min looking for it before I gave up and left the house, or I get to work and find that I put on my running shoes instead of work shoes because it has been a week and I really want to run. Yeah, those sound good for the third thing to go wrong - then I'll be done.

Right, turning the ship around.... I went to the WW meeting around the corner from my house tonight (I was still sick on Monday and didn't go to that meeting). I was apprehensive about going tonight as I was sick all week, I didn't track my intake and I didn't get any 'structured' exercise in (and my 'friend' is visiting). I knew that if I didn't weigh-in then I would just continue on for another week in my rut, so I took the plung, with the excuse in my pocket that I was sick, when I was really just being lazy, I stepped on the scale and was down .4 lbs, which is really a great feeling. Usually during my time of the month I am always up .6 lbs, so I felt a lot better. I will turn this ship around - I ate a frozen lean cuisine for dinner and a skinny cow ice cream for desert and made my lunch for tomorrow. My tracking book is all set up and I am ready to get back on track of tracking....

I really should get to bed - aw crap, it's midnight..... I need to set an alarm to tell me when to go to bed.
Hopefully I will make it out running tomorrow, or at the least a good swift walk, it should be a little stormy, so even a walk would be nice - here comes fall, ready or not.....

Off to bed, really, I'm going this time.....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great job getting to the meeting. I'm a believer in that whole, "the times you don't want to go are the times you need to go the most" thing. .4 is great anytime but especially during TOM!